There are two ideas here:
A) Power of local (neighbors’) personal relationships and the related Limited Span of Personal Relationship
- This limitation calls for clearly defined (1) boundaries–of relationship ability.
- Requirement for (8) nesting of CPR enterprises in order to manage inter-relationship between limited personally connected networks. This is done by creating an empowered (delegated power) network of super relaters.
- (3) Collective choice arrangements–individuals have a say in local rules for balancing accumulation and withdrawal from the common pool.
- (7) Outsiders with power over the community must not disallow local rule setting and management.
B) Balancing [(2)local congruence] the accumulation and withdrawal of common pool resources through personal relationships
- (4) Local Monitoring
- (5) Local Graduated Sanctions
- (6) Local Conflict Resolution